Welcome to this blog, dedicated to my 2008 cyclo season with Team Agapedia-Münsterland

My photo
Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Wednesday 1 October 2008

Zuri Metzgete: another wet affair

ZURICH - After a sabbatical last year, the renowned Zuri Metzgete classic event returned on the calendar and I had marked the event as my final real race objective of this season, other than trying to retain a top ranking in the German Cycling Cup. Sadly, Zurich was hit by tremendous rainshowers,which curbed the enthusiasm of the roughly 1, 000 participants who could choose between 104 or 52 km races. 


I wrestled my way to the front of a large peloton on the first and rather steep climb, but I came 10 metres short of attaching myself to the leading group. They didn't wait up front so I had to take risks to bridge the gap in the fast descent. When - in pouring rain and with risk of aquaplaning - I missed a bend, I decided I didn't need this anymore so deep into the season and called it a day after 1 lap. Ironically, I got ranked 18th on that distance but in reality it's a DNF. 

Rebecca wrote a great report for Challenge Magazin. Please follow the link to that website.

No comments: